Leading the way as a new type of investment house, The Craftory’s aim was to build awareness and authority around their brand online and facilitate fruitful conversations with their target audience of Righteous Cause Entrepreneurs (RCEs). We were tasked with creating informative and thought-provoking content designed to challenge brands and businesses to act and/or accept investment.
Our key objectives included:
- To build online authority of the brand and increase discoverability of The Craftory for Righteous Cause Entrepreneurs using SEO by achieving 30 relevant keywords in positions 1-10 in the UK and increasing YOY non-brand SEO clicks to The Craftory website by 100%.
- To increase brand awareness and amplify The Craftory investment announcements with category deep dives and targeted content by increasing organic sessions by 50% between August 2018 and August 2019.
- To create content that offers a new perspective for brands, to engage potential businesses and increase the probability that RCEs consider The Craftory and accept offered investment and would lead to an increase in Form Submissions by 50% between January 2019 and November 2019.
We are incredibly proud of the story and success of our content campaign in partnership with ‘challenger’ investment house, The Craftory as it has showcased the role of content marketing in supporting the generation of over $50 million in sustainable investments in a single year.
We were able to create a narrative arc structure to map content across the target personas and The Craftory’s pipeline objectives to inform an effective and highly relevant content strategy.
The Craftory is a unique brand with a distinctive tone of voice and a hugely important message to share. As part of our onboarding process, we underwent several months of research and creative workshops with The Craftory to ensure true alignment with their mission and uncover the most effective means of amplifying their message.
Through our content campaign planning and strategy development, we were able to create a robust structure that has enabled The Craftory to discover potential investment opportunities and nurture pipeline entrepreneurs. This framework included:
- Undertaking extensive SEO research and social listening analysis per content theme to provide tailored insights and uncover opportunities
- Conducting market research and holding creative workshops to ‘crack the category’ and uncover a unique perspective for brands
- Building a flexible framework of narrative arcs that cover both investment announcements and pipeline priorities that included long-tail thought leadership, supporting SEO content and PR content and format optimisation
- Creation of extremely high-quality and informed content requiring careful handling of challenging topics and aligned with a distinctive tone of voice
- Integration and amplification of content as part of a wider omnichannel strategy, including social media, paid social and digital PR.
Our research also focused on identifying the following Righteous Cause Entrepreneur personas:
- Environmentally conscious entrepreneur
- Ex-consumer goods business analyst
- Tech-savvy innovator
- Community-minded social entrepreneur
- ‘Female boss’
- Ex-corporate diversity advocate
From this research, we were able to create a narrative arc structure to map content across the target personas and The Craftory’s pipeline objectives to inform an effective and highly relevant content strategy.
In order to ensure alignment with The Craftory’s priorities and due to the unpredictable nature of investment proceedings we required a content strategy that was both highly structured and easily adaptable.
We built a robust framework to enable us to alternate our focus between creating targeted content to attract Righteous Cause Entrepreneurs in high priority categories and to digitally amplify investment announcements (as and when they happened).
We thrived during the development and implementation of our partnership with The Craftory and are immensely proud of the way our content strategy was able to support their unique cause. An investment house specialising in sustainable business was uncharted waters for Semetrical and required an approach that was more flexible and innovative than ever that we took on with gusto. Our results in line with objectives:
- Nominated for ‘Content Strategy of the Year’ at the European Content Awards 2020.
- We increased the number of ranking keywords between positions 1 – 10 in the UK from 0 to 42.
- Our strategy resulted in a 310x increase in non-brand clicks YOY to The Craftory website between August 2018 and August 2019.
- We increased organic sessions by 298.3% YOY between August 2018 and August 2019.
- We increased online form submissions by 120.6% between January 2019 and November 2019.
Increase in organic sessions YOY between Aug 2018 – Aug 2019
Increase in online form submissions between Jan 2019 – Nov 2019
We were delighted to have the opportunity to play an integral role in The Craftory ability to attract, delight and nurture entrepreneurs and to amplify their important message. Our campaign remit was an exceptional challenge however we proceeded to exceed our objectives and expectations.
Increase in non-brand clicks
Increase in organic sessions
Increase in online form submissions
The campaign required a highly strategic approach to a challenging brief. We used months of insights, research and analysis to build a robust yet dynamic framework ensuring we delivered on our objective to engage a unique audience and ultimately support The Craftory’s mission to invest in socially conscious and sustainable businesses.
Highly targeted, innovative and expertly written content remained at the centre of our campaign and served as the foundation of extremely successful SEO, social media and digital PR efforts.