Equinox Kombucha is a leading organic Kombucha brand in the UK.
Their digital ambitions were:
- To boost online visibility and ranking for competitive priority terms
- To drive traffic to the site and generate more sales via the online store
- To increase brand awareness and elevate the perception of the brand from a niche kombucha product to a popular soft drink
- To create engaging and useful content to engage and delight potential (and existing) customers.
Semetrical has been working on our SEO since 2019 and has consistently driven excellence into every part of this process since then. Not only do they provide world class keyword analysis and plans to optimise content to leverage the latest trends, but they also are experts in the field of blog optimisation and content leadership, which has meant our rankings have improved month-on-month across the length of our relationship.
Following a major rebrand and site launch in February 2019, our specialists conducted in-depth SEO keyword research and competitor analysis to identify the optimum site structure and inform SEO copy for key pages.
Our content strategy was to focus on semantic topics that relate to Equinox Kombucha’s key pillars to normalise and demystify their kombucha. The strategy was focused on encouraging Kombucha-curious customers to give this new and exciting drink a try, while providing Kombucha-evangelists with informative and engaging content to keep them coming back for more.
Leveraging social listening tools, keyword research and further competitor research, we identified Equinox Kombucha’s target personas and revealed some of the main questions people have regarding Kombucha.
Mapping these findings to Equinox’s key five brand values (Taste, Health, Craft, People and Vibe) and coordinating with their sales calendar, we set out to create hyper-relevant content designed to rank in search results, and attract organic traffic.
We collaborated with nutritionists to create authoritative content that readers and search engines can trust, which was especially important for health-related articles where the search results were largely dominated by health-specific sites.
Within the first year following the site relaunch, we achieved outstanding results.
- Online revenue for Equinox Kombucha increased by 79% between August 2019 and November 2019 as a result of our optimisation strategy and campaign management.
- Social media traffic to the Equinox Kombucha website increased by 85% from Q1 2019 vs. Q2 2019.
- Social media traffic to the Equinox Kombucha website increased by +34% from Q2 2019 vs Q3 2019.
And, as a whole, over the course of our three-year project we achieved:
- Winners of the Best Integrated Campaign at EU Content Awards 2020.
- +599% Increase in monthly organic traffic from 1320 to 9225.
- +314% increase in keywords ranking in positions 1-3 from 28 to 116.
- +104% increase in keywords ranking in positions 1-10 from 49 to 100.
- Numerous collaborations with leading influencers and specialists, including nutritionists James Hudson and Rosie Henderson, recipe creators Ginger Vegan and Martha de Lacey, Athletes Logan Nicol and Vicky Fleetwood, and Mixologist at the Clockwork Rose James French.
Our content driven SEO strategy continues to perform well and has recently been shortlisted for
Best Low Budget Campaign at the UK Search Awards 2022.
Increase in monthly organic traffic
Increase in keywords ranking in positions 1-3
Increase in keywords ranking in positions 1-10
Increase in online revenue between Aug 2019 - Nov 2019
Increase in social media traffic from Q1 2019 - Q2 2019
I would recommend Semetrical to any team that wishes to really get under the skin of SEO and use this as a core part of the digital marketing strategy for their company.