We are looking for an SEO assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Semetrical’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re Semetrical, a diverse team of ambitious, talented and welcoming individuals. We value the varied experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. We care about all our employees being respected and celebrated so they can be more creative and successful. We are committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer and are happy to make any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process should you need it. Just let us know.
SEO Assistant Role Specification
We are looking for an SEO assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills. The daily
responsibilities of this role will be supporting the SEO team when new clients come onboard by conducting detailed market keyword research, competitor analysis and analysing backlink profiles. They must be able to find logical conclusions from the data, and then provide clear and concise recommendations to multiple stakeholders. The candidate will grow through on the job training, supporting client accounts and self learning to become an SEO Executive.
You Should Apply If
- You are interested by how users search online
- You make data informed decisions
- You thrive in conditions when juggling multiple tasks at once
- You go out your way to teach yourself new skills
Your Key Responsibilities
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced, agency environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Undertaking keyword research projects using our in-house bespoke tool to help understand how users search within our client’s industry, and also to inform website architecture design.
- Conducting template and competitor analysis to understand who performs well in the industry and why.
- Analysing client backlink profiles to prevent any negative impacts on client websites, whilst identifying link acquisition opportunities for clients.
- Optimising on page elements of a client’s website (e.g. Title tags, meta descriptions and introduction text.
- Contribute to writing on site content to help will organic performance
- Auditing client websites and monitoring performance.
- Liaising closely with all agency employees.
- Working as part of a team, to share all key findings.
- Meeting with managers to understand task requirements.
- Completing tasks and creating reports by the agreed deadlines.
- Explaining task progress to the relevant managers as required.
- Keeping up with industry news and informing the team about any major events.
- Upon progressing in the role, the candidate will be able to contribute to the development of new in-house tools.
Your Skills & Experience
- Highly enthusiastic about digital marketing
- Ability to demonstrate a passion to learn SEO
- Strong organisation, project management, time-management and communication skills
- Able to think independently and use self-initiative
- Able to work effectively within a team
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills – being able to analyse large sets of data and provide logical solutions.
- Very good Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills (particularly Excel)
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- A strong desire to learn about other aspects of digital marketing
Ideally, candidates will also have the following experience and knowledge (if you don’t have these, please still apply):
- Already have some experience in SEO either in-house or agency side
- Experience using Keyword Planner, SEMRush, Ahrefs
- Experience using Google Analytics, Search Console and Data Studio
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Free gym membership
- Free fruit
- Beer and Prosecco on tap
How to apply
Please send us your CV via: [email protected]
We have a very strong team with a very low turnover of staff, and we like to promote a healthy work-life balance across the company. Various employment benefits such as free fruit and free gym memberships are also available